STP Oil Treatment (15 fluid ounces)

  • Contains zinc anti-wear agent ZDDP that fights metal-to-metal friction
  • Reduces oil burning
  • Lubricates moving engine parts by providing a thicker cushion between moving engine parts
  • Scientifically engineered for Conventional or Synthetic Oils
  • High-viscosity formula can be used for all cars, light trucks and SUVs

Its why i tried it. Oil pressure was at 8lbs at idle. A bit low. This stp raised it 2lbs to 10 at idle..acceptable. not to forget about its engine. Protection

I had a knocking lifter in my 2002 Dodge Ram 1500. It would be loud when I started the truck and fade as the lifter got covered in oil. I added this with an oil change and the knocking is about gone. Very happy with it.

I Give the product five stars because I am glad that it is still available. I have used it for many years. Now that Zinc dialyldithiophosphate (ZDDP) has been removed from modern oils this is a convenient method of adding the anti friction additive at every oil change. My antique cars need the additive as well as my diesel engines to prevent premature wear. I ordered a dozen bottles to fill my shelf.

I've been using STP since 1962 when my uncle introduced me to it. I brought a 1957 Plymouth 383 V8 back from France where I was stationed in the Army. It had to be shipped without oil or gas so it got five new quarts of oil in New York. We drove from New York to South Bend Indiana and were two quarts down. My uncle suggested we change oil and add a pint of STP which was a new additive imported from Germany by Studebaker where my uncle worked at the time. Drove from South Bend to Racine Wisconsin and then to Seattle. When I checked the oil in Seattle it was still right on the full mark. Great product!

Perfect like always. Also much cheaper than the normal stores. Great product

Have used this for years with superior results. Since all oil lost their high concentrations of zinc and phosphorous in 2008, this is the alternative to get your engine oil to proper protection levels. My 1967 283 SBC is still rolling and still smooth as silk!

I been using this stp for 40 years, it's great for older especially because it has zinc in it and most oil now doesn't have zinc and zinc is good for all the metal moving parts

Adds the ZDDP today's oil's today are missing! If you have any type of flat tappet or solid cam you should be using this every oil change or you could damage the camshaft. Nice and cheap as well!

I add a bottle of this to every oil change in my classic muscle car. No need to use another ZDDP supplement. The STP has that in it.

Most cars don't need this, as oil is made with high quality additives today. But if you have an OHV engine, or a flat-tappet engine, then you really do need this. Those engines suffer from new oils because they lack ZDDP that those engines were built to need. For example, my mother's 1996 Ford Explorer has the older 4.0L v6 - it's OHV instead of SOHC of the newer ones, and it ticks without this stuff. The ZDDP helps to lubricate in places that otherwise suffer from oil starvation. Another example for something needing this are older Jeeps. They are flat-tappet and it's the same concept, they tick without the necessary Zinc to lubricate the engine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog